Tuesday 4 August 2015

Single Motherhood



The love a mother has for her child knows no bounds.
Many of those who know me well are aware of the fact that I'm a single mother and I'm proud of it. Many young girls get pregnant and decide to rush into marriage. Most of them do this to avoid having a child out of wedlock and because of 'shame' so to call it. And what's the whole point of the whole marriage charade? You run into something  and end up running out. You get into a marriage that has no tomorrow. You stay in a marriage full of misery ,sorrow and so on. In some case a separation or divorce comes up at the end of the day you begin to regret all over again and just ask yourself what was the whole point? Just stop to think and digest the whole thing. In the end you have just escalated the whole situation. I have no intentions of living in misery. Whatever happens in life happens for a reason. Whether positive or negative we need to learn to carry our cross and in faith that whatever hardship it is all temporary. As a mother the number one priority is to make sure your child grows in the best way possible. Hence what comes to mind is making sure he also grows with his father. In cases where situations are just unnecessarily complicated or pointless to fight over you move ahead and do all in your power to take care of the child. Sticking  to something or forcefully moving into a marriage is far from the answer. Many circumstances happen and are difficult to change. We live in an environment where if you have a child and your not in your husband's house you are looked at like an outcast. We get into many difficult circumstances not because we choose them for ourselves or anything it's just life. Be careful not to rush into something to cover shame or what people say. No one should define our lives. We define our lives ourselves. I am defining my life and yes I am proud of how far I've  reached. The best we can do is listen to enriching advice from best wishers.
There's nothing as great as having supportive parents who will always have your back. Supportive friends who show love and care always. And ofcourse this is not the end a time will still come when I will say 'yes I do' . All the best to all the single moms in the world.
Cheers






My son Kentigern and I.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Tolu!
    Really proud of you. I am sure you are an inspiration to other young women. May God bless you and continue to strengthen you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for dat moment...... 😘. Amazing woman

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. You're such a strong woman Florence, proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tough time don't last but tough people do, thanks for sharing your experience, I am proud of you Tolu.

    www.adeotidaramola.com

    ReplyDelete